February 7, 2013

A Wet Wednesday

Hello, all, I hope you all are warm and dry. We had steady rain, so my day was  spent at home, indoors. Good thing I went out Tuesday to find some goodies, then!
It's an assortment. Children's books were half off, so I got four of those for less than $2.00. In the bin of handmade pillowcases I got one with kittens, a Strawberry Shortcake and the little one in dark blue with the silhouette picture that's by the front. Oh, and the Valentine one for me, put on a pillow for current decoration. Next to it is a heavy zinc looking vase that's a wall pocket that was $1.50 and some cute holiday cards to put away till December. They are leaning against an interesting cork tray, above which is a cool pillow sham to be used on our bed this summer. Oh, and there is a coin purse made from juice drink pouches with a zipper closure.

A pretty spring bag from Talbots,


a black and white Vera scarf,


a new puzzle with canoes on a beach

and a recipe box by Marjolein Bastin. Most of these will go on ebay except for the cork tray, metal look vase and quilted sham. They all came from my old reliable, Sand Dollar.There aren't many amenities, but the prices are generally excellent. I still think they're dreaming about ever selling the chandelier on the front counter with a $250 price tag, though. Especially since some of the crystal beads look suspiciously plastic to me!

What thrifty thrills have you had lately? 

Take care,
Michele



No comments: