December 10, 2015

Off the beaten path.

Hey, folks, I'm sorry about yesterday, but a head cold rendered me incapable of writing my own name, much less a blog post. By now taking zinc seems to be taking the edge off it some, thank goodness.

Here are a couple of shots in what is normally the least festive room in the house:
After finding a bag of miniature cooking utensils at Goodwill, it seemed fun to put a little tree on the shelf over the stove. There's a rolling pin, strainer, potato masher, spoon and a thermos, with a vintage cookie cutter star on top. 

When my children were small I made trees for each of their bedrooms that were decorated with doll furniture, army men, tiny cars and other toys of theirs. They enjoyed those a lot. Plus, if you put lights on them with a timer, they don't fuss about going to bed, since it's so different from the rest of the year.
On the other side of the room, all the seasonal salt and pepper shakers were moved to the same shelf. The holly leaves were found at Value Village the day after Thanksgiving for .40 cents each. At first another woman had one in her cart while I'd snagged the other. Later she realized it was a shaker and came to find me and return the half of the pair, which was very nice. 

That's all from me today. This cold still has me moving at a snail's pace. 

Have a good afternoon and evening!

Michele




1 comment:

Tricia said...

I love the little kitchen tree! Too cute!