October 10, 2012

A Few Finds and A Cat

Hello, everyone, how is your week chugging along? Good, I hope. I thought I'd show you a few modest scores found recently:
This is a nice fall rug from last year,  before the blog began; since I just remembered to put it out Monday, it didn't make the pictures in the earlier autumn decor post.


The three small dishes in the middle were found today  at Manna for $1 each to add to my modest red pyrex collection.


Flossie checked them out for me first thing.



So far this is the only turquoise one I've found.


This is my favorite purchase today. It is made of wood and cost $1.50. No marks or labels on it, so I don't know what it is, but I really like it!


These two scarves are in very good condition and were .50 cents each.


Flossie never shirks her duty. The scarves got a thorough inspection, too.


This little pink mat with dainty crocheted edging was a quarter. Otherwise all I've found lately has been a few books, both for us and to resell, and a few tee shirts on discount day Tuesday.

I'm hoping for a  burst of energy to follow through on a few small painting, before-and- after projects. In the early morning it's not too hot and the back of the house is shady then. I'll keep my fingers crossed to have something to show you soon.

Have you ever bought a mystery object? Did you like it anyway, despite not knowing its true function?

Till next time,
Michele


3 comments:

Tricia said...

Does the little mushroom have holes in it for pencils or knitting needles? I couldn't quite tell from the photo. If not, it should still look cute under a cloche or perched on a shelf. Glad to know about your pyrex collection -- I'll BOLO!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Lovely fall rug and wonderful finds. Is it a mushroom or a knob of some kind? Anyway, it's cute!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Oh yes, I have bought things and had no idea what they were. I go to an auction every Monday where I find all sorts of things. And if I'm really lucky, things will be unwanted and left behind and consequently free for the taking!