September 23, 2013

Seasonal Shift

Hello, all, and welcome, Fall! Isn't it nice to say goodbye to summer? I know, I know, some of you love it, but probably not lots of Texas residents. While Mr. B was home this weekend he got a couple of boxes  down for me to start switching out the decor. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. It not only got worse before it was better, it got a lot worse! However, it's begun to settle down some after intense effort. Here are some of the first areas to get attention:
So far the coffee table just has a different tray on it, a cool wooden acorn from Tuesday Morning and a fall dish with some seasonal colored candy in it.
The desk has a little berry topiary in one of my miniature chairs and a seedpod sphere resting on some moss in an urn. A little china pumpkin sits atop a broken mirrored candle holder.
This is a close up of the dresser scarf used as a table runner with its very appropriate harvest bounty.
Here is a view of the peg rack by the front door with an autumn swag and a few pumpkins. 

Are you having a wonderful time shifting gears and moving on to this season that is a favorite with so many people? I am, and hope you are too.

Take it easy!
Michele

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I really love the desk display, Michele, and that pretty embroidered dresser scarf IS perfect from now through Thanksgiving. And I am always charmed by your use of your miniature chairs as props for other items. My burning question, though, is how do you keep the cats out of your candy dish?? I can see an epic game of hockey breaking out!