September 28, 2015

The Kon Mari Method - Part II

Hello, everyone, and a happy Monday to all. It is cool and rainy here, such a treat.

After doing several drawers of clothing and dish towels and napkins using the method recommended in Marie Kondo's book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, I am a true believer, so thought why not try it in the dining room buffet? Here are the results:
Here's one side. I tried to separate by themes, flowers, fruit, plaid, etc.
This main section doesn't have drawers or shelves, which makes it kind of tricky.
Meanwhile, when working in my closet this sorter was demoted. The buffet had some extra place mats in it. Rather than cram those on top of the tablecloths, they moved to this organizer in the hall closet.
The upper section has place mats and the lower one dresser scarves. I realize the buffet is far from perfect but the cloths are folded the same size and lined up, no longer stacked, it is possible to see them all at once and easily make a choice. That's what got done this weekend here. All the rest of the time from mid-day Friday till last night was spent having trouble with both our cars. We need for the Japanese queen of neat to branch out into vehicles! Her method works well. I'm thrilled to have learned it, even at my age. Watch this old dog  amaze with new tricks! See, it really is possible. 

Have a good one!
Michele

3 comments:

Connie said...

I could use a "how to book" on tidying up, too :)
Sometimes that is what you need to get inspired.
Keep Smiling!
Your blogging sister,
Connie :)

Tricia said...

Great idea, using that closet organizer for placemats! And your "filed" tablecloths look beautiful!

Rue said...

Everything looks great! I practice this with my dresser drawers, but I think I need to do it in more places :)

xo