May 24, 2013

Finally Friday

Hello, all,

I hope your week is coasting to a close with plans made to enjoy Memorial Day.

This is a small project. Yesterday I showed you some soap from a local thrift. It is in the middle, the black and white box with a silver sugar bowl on top of it.
Since I'm going to use the very fancy Mandarin orange bar, it won't need the box for long. Its dimensions are 5 3/4" x 2 1/2" x 3 1/4", a nice size. So I upcycled it with some gift tags and a jewelry choker to get this:
I got a bag of 100 new tags once at the Salvation Army store for .99 cents. Two of those covered the logo on the side. The top has a piece with pearls and glass beads on a stretch strap; it was free from a box at a yard sale. 
I think Flossie  is hinting it would be an ideal place to store cat treats, but I was thinking more along the lines of a small gift, a bracelet, key chain, perfume or something like that. It's just a mini makeover, but means this box won't go in the trash and will be ready for a friend on a birthday or other special  occasion.

That's all from me for now; have a wonderful weekend!

Michele



No comments: