May 14, 2013

Rare Table Sighting

Hi, Peeps,

I usually leave table settings to my fabulously talented friend, Tricia, who can be found at  http://thtolbert.blogspot.com/. Some recently purchased cheery bamboo striped place mats tempted me to venture into those uncharted waters.
The centerpiece is a tin pitcher from the Sand Dollar with some eucalyptus in it flanked by pale yellow candles, also from SD in inexpensive glass holders.
The bamboo mat is striped in bright, primary colors, which seemed a great companion to the bright flowered napkins that came from a yard sale several months ago. There is a plain white plate with a polka dot salad plate on top of it, a gift from Tricia. She never hesitates to enable my love of red. It's kind of hard to see, but there is a blue wine glass too. The silverplate belonged to my in-laws and I don't know the name of the pattern, although it's fairly common..
That's a little closer look to give you a better view. The combination of stripes, flowers and polka dots all together makes me happy.

Are you an all neutrals type of person or ready to let color run riot like me? It may not be the stuff of magazines and designer looks, but it's fun, and fun is always good, right?

TTYL,
Michele

2 comments:

Dewena said...

I like your table setting! I am a sucker for color and those placemats and napkins make my heart sing!

There are so many wonderful tablescaping blogs that I love to visit and I do try to learn from them. I will visit your friend's blog too!

Tricia said...

Woohoo! So glad you created a tablescape! (And thanks for the mention!) I LOVE the flowers, stripes, and polka dots together -- SO cheery! It's great that those fun placemats inspired you!