April 8, 2014

Out of step

Hello, all, and a wonderful Tuesday to you.

It's probably time to make a confession. Despite the overwhelming love all over the blogosphere, chalkboard paint doesn't do a thing for me. Furthermore, nor does burlap make me happy. Now this admission has been made it wouldn't surprise me to hear a mob beating on the door, ready to tar and feather anyone who would admit to such heresy, but it is the truth. Not long ago, though, at my regular haunt, Sand Dollar, there was something that does make me excited, and for under a dollar, at that. A couple of things, actually. 
There were three of these plain clipboards for .90 cents. But wait, there's more!
No, not the sleeping black cat, the big roll of cork next to him was also .90 cents. I love cork. It is such an interesting and natural material, what's not to like?
A little glue and some scissors, some twine to hang it up and my board is newly chic. At least to me. There was a lot left, so I used it here:
We have very little storage in the kitchen here, so years ago I bought a beat-up chest of drawers at a yard sale for $10.00. Mr. B obligingly made the removable wooden divider to separate flatware. I took out the dinner forks to show how after taking the divider out to clean it, the bottom was lined with more of the cork. It certainly makes for quieter dispersal of the pieces and it looks nice too. Why cork has never gotten the recognition it deserves is a mystery to me. It's a wonderful thing!

Take it easy,
Michele


3 comments:

Tricia said...

Wow, what a deal on the roll of cork! I also love clipboards -- don't know why. Maybe they appeal to my desire to be In Charge? Great idea to line a drawer with the cork. (And you know I'm with you on burlap. And poultry.)

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Michele,
Thank you so much for visiting me and leaving such a sweet note..
I love cork its so fun to use, I like to hang pictures on it. Boy or Boy did you find a sale! and its always so fun to create something out of great sale items with a handy husband.
I am you newest follower.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Chris said...

Hi Michele, I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris