March 3, 2015

Hall Happy

Hello, all,

After a very foggy start today has turned out to be beautiful, sunny and warm, what a welcome change. 

My roaming took me to a nearby Goodwill this morning. In addition to a couple of books and small odds and ends  I found a shelf for $8.99. Nothing but my eyeball judgment was available, but I went ahead and bought it anyway. It is now located in the small hallway between our bedroom, the closet and bath. As hoped, it fits perfectly on top of some nesting tables Mr. B bought at a yard sale a couple of years ago. Take a look:
It's got kind of a faux bamboo thing going on.
It was dirty, but has no damage or serious sign of wear. There are hangers on the back if you want to put it on a wall.
This spurred a mini cleanup in that corner, which is always A Good Thing. 
Because it is higher, the poster-sized photo collage didn't fit anymore, so this picture by middle daughter Mary is above it now. Several of my kids took classes called Zoo Art and this is one of her efforts done where she was six or seven. The frame has a bamboo look, too, so it actually works well with the shelf unit. 
 
That's all for now. 
 
Have a good one. 
 
Michele
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Love that picture. Children's drawings never go out of style. Cute shelf. I've got to do so serious decluttering or I'm in for new shelves too.