April 8, 2013

One Year Blogging

Hello, all. I'm having a hard time realizing it's already been a whole year since I started writing this blog. I hope you are enjoying spring with cooperative weather wherever you are. It's been changeable here, but no doubt all too soon will settle in to be hot all the time. 

After Easter I switched out my decorations for birds, in honor of the season. Here are a few pictures:
 
The bird, feather and French script saucer is on the coffee table now.

The feather plate is settled on a book shelf.
A bird nest in an urn, under a cloche is on the desk, along with a yellow bird.
Nests, pictures, tins and feather on another bookcase.
There are more near the door.
One on an end table.
it's hard to see inside the green cubby but that is a ceramic trio of birds, wings touching with a votive candle in the middle.The rather blurry blue blob next to it is an owl.
More birds and nests, a box, little chair and pedestal in the terrarium, with a Spode platter in the back with a picture of a flycatcher on it.

So far I haven't figured out a centerpiece for the dining room table yet, so stay tuned.

I'm going to try to take the message of the early bird to heart and post more regularly from now on.

Until next time,
Michele







1 comment:

Tricia said...

Happy blog-o-versary, Michele! It IS hard to believe it's been a whole year since I dragged you into blogging kicking and screaming! I'm so glad you are posting about your decorating and thrifting finds -- photos are fun to see! Love all your bird-themed decor.