January 29, 2015

First Efforts

Hello, peeps,

I hope your week is chugging right along. Yesterday I worked on my first tries for everyone's favorite holiday in February by making valentines. Here is one:
To this cute little felt coin purse was added this sentiment:
Voila!
For my youngest daughter I made this. It began with a clear plastic box that once contained something that was saved after the contents removed. Here it is ready to go:
The tissue paper was from a thrift shop and the xo cut from another package. Inside is one of these:
It's special too because the brand is the same name as the brother closest in age to her, Theo. Okay, that's two done. Stay tuned for more to come. Do you enjoy Valentine's Day? It's always seemed like such a cheery spot in an otherwise dull part of the year, far from Christmas and nowhere near spring and Easter, that life without it would be dreary indeed.

Keep calm and heart on!

Michele





No comments: